Wednesday 28 September 2011

Bratislava part 2-Devin Castle.


I took so many pictures on my trip to Bratislava so obviously I could not show them all in my last post. That's why I took a little break and now I showing you more pictures from my journey.

Devin Castle
On our third day in Bratislava we took a trip to Devin Castle and we did not regret it.

Devin is a castle in the town of Devin which is a borough of Bratislava. It was built on the cliff at the confluence of the Danube and Morava rivers which gave to castle its ideal strategic position. It was home to Slavs, Celts and also Romans. The castle was founded in 8th century and it has been used for defence until almost the 18th century. 

These days Devin Castle is a popular tourist attraction. The ruins were partially reconstructed and 7 days a week opening hours welcome tourists for relaxing days out.

















 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your message.